10 August 2013

Nature in My Home

As I wrote yesterday, we ran into some reindeer one day on our way to buy some milk, and here is what happened when I got my camera from home. (It feels so good to be able to call this home! We moved one week and one day ago.)

I thought how interesting it is that nature can be so close and overlapping with a city. Then I thought that everyone should stop and ask themselves: where goes the line between "nature" and "human"? Aren't we part of the nature? I insist that the human itself is already a part of the nature, as we are just as animals as any other mammal. Then why is it that something made by humans is not considered nature? You can easily say the park near your house or even your own backyard or garden is nature, but not many would perceive their living room as a part of the nature. But still almost everything in the room might actually come from nature, for example wood in the furniture or the stonewalls.

Maybe the problems with nature and respecting it that people have today are partly because it isn't seen as something you live in. You can go there for a trip, but it doesn't go home with you. If you realized nature is your home and your home is nature, maybe you would treat it better.

P.S. The street name "Porokatu" means literally "The Street of the Reindeer". I wonder where it got its name (;


1
 2
 3
 4
 5
6
7
8
9
10
11

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think of this post? Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, I appreciate every comment (: