14 September 2014

Laziness and money

I just found these pictures from last spring that I forgot to post here then, and they happen to be the oldest pics not published so I was wrong about the northern light pics coming only later on. Now that I have learnt a great deal more about how to capture this amazing phenomenon, these seem like such practise pictures now. You can see with your own eyes later and compare the quality between these and the ones taken two nights ago. I am happy I have improved though!

Northen lights are really something you have to experience yourself to understand the magic in them. I can watch fire like hypnotised for a very long time, and the aurora has the same effect on me. The constantly moving, appearing and disappearing rivers and pillars of green light live me wordless. I can see why there are so many legends and myths involving these 'fires of the fox' as we call them in Finnish. Imagine if you didn't know what is going on, but every now and then it just happens to seem like the sky is on green fire - no wonder people have had most imaginative explications to it. To be able to admire this is one of my favourite things in living this north.

I feel weird now for having done absolutely nothing today. It was hard, I almost started to clean up and wash the dishes, but I thought that this is my day of total vacation aka laziness, and tomorrow I will start doing things again. I didn't even have any school work to do to entertain myself. My body and mind are praying for me to do sports, so I will start tomorrow hoping that I'm recovered fully enough from the cold. If not - well, I might be screwed then, I feel like I simply can't stand still one second longer. We'll see tomorrow what happens, cheers everyone until then!

I want to get a job so bad. I have had an interview, and they were first supposed to tell me last week if I got the place or not, then this week, and now it is Sunday and I still haven't heard of it. So I started writing applications again, sent just one at first somewhere where I'd really like to work, and they sent me an interview invitation right away, so I'm hoping it will work out well. I want a job to keep myself busy, I have too much free time now. Maybe I am too quick to finish all the school assignments. Also economic problems are one of my least favourite things ever in this world, I hate how today everything orbits around money. It changes people. 

The problem with money as we know it, is that there have to be more things to buy all the time, or the system won't work. It is more convenient then to sell low quality products so that people will have to buy them often, instead of making one that would last a lifetime. And when there are no more things to invent for the consumers to spend their money, it will simply collapse. Or that's how I see it. I would more like to live in a society that would be based on sharing and kindness. No, I don't have perfect recipe for it, nor do I know if it would really work. If I think about it, that's how people used to live when we still lived in tribes and smaller groups. Maybe it wouldn't even work in a city, because it would be too many people, but in smaller communities I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. 

I think with so many things you can buy in the world, people have gone blind for their real wants and needs. For example if sometimes there were three different yogurt flavours in the closest supermarket, and you could taste all of them and know for sure which one is your favourite. Now it's not reasonably possible to taste every yogurt on the market, so you can always be left wondering, if the one next to the one you chose would have been tastier or healthier or just better. People are constantly unsatisfied, because there are so many things, so many false needs media and advertisements create, that it is not possible to get everything, not even a fracture of what you think you want or need. And that leaves you unhappy, if you don't realise it and make yourself simply not rely on material things. I have noticed that it really doesn't matter, I've learnt to let go of most of the stupid material desires I used to have. Now the material things I grave for are something that can get me closer to my goals in life that are not material, for example to have money to be able to buy plane tickets to travel around the world and get to take pictures of different cultures and places. Or to have money to buy a horse or few and a place where to have them. Goals in a shorter term would be to get a sewing machine so that I could make clothes and things myself instead of buying everything with the stupid world ruling money, or to have money to be able to actually take dance classes to learn to be a better dancer. And to buy different lenses to my camera, so that I could become a better photographer. It's like you can't do anything in the normal world if you don't have enough money. (I say "normal world", because of course you can sleep under the bridge and hitch hike everywhere and eat food the supermarkets throw away and go nowhere and do nothing that requires money. For me it wouldn't be the way I'd like to live, and to meet my goals and passions and just hanging out with friends and exaggerating practically not-living-in-a-box costs money.) Even eating healthy food is too expensive for a person who doesn't have much extra wealth, at least here in Finland. I would really like to eat healthy, so there the job would help me too. 

I hope you can get something out of my night-time thoughts flow, now good night for me and for you too if you read this before bed time :D





















No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think of this post? Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, I appreciate every comment (: