25 September 2014

Photo contest and a new CV

I have been so busy these last few days that I haven't even had time to cook properly at home. I kind of like this, doing a lot of things and keeping myself occupied, I feel like I'm not totally unproductive, and might be of some help. Then I actually get good notes even when not attending to the lectures, as I'm on the move all the time even without them, and that's fine for me!

The first snow fell down here in Rovaniemi yesterday. It wasn't snowing when I left to meet some friends, and I was totally horrified when I realised I have to drive my bike home in the snow. It is funny how I am afraid of driving a bike, when there's no problem with people throwing me in the air and me doing flips and spinning or something. I have climbed up a rope, put it around me and come spinning down absolutely loving the feeling, but riding a bike scares me. When I have to go past narrow places, my heart starts beating harder almost every time, and the snow is killing me. I didn't even dare to turn the front wheel last night, so I'd just get down and walk the curves. Today I felt just a little more secure, but it was still an awful experience. I mean what's wrong with me, I even know how to drive a one wheeled bike, but still a normal one is the scary one for me! That's what I'm going to say is my weakness in my next work interview: "I might not get to work on time if there's snow on the ground". I apparently need some sleep now :D

I entered a photo contest with this picture today:


I don't know if it's good enough for a competition, but it's one of my favourite pics anyway, taken in Helsinki last December. I like the yellow light of the winter's low sunlight and the environment it creates.

I got so excited about making myself a new curriculum vitae last night that I didn't sleep at all. Here's the result with no valid information, (and the parts I saved are in Finnish):



I have been applying to some more jobs now, but there's one I would really love, would be the chief editor in my university's student' union's magazine. I am such a grammatical nazi that I would actually love to read texts and make them better, and to be able to write and get paid for it, and to be able to be part of the union, and also use my creativity and ooh I just want it so bad! I don't know if there are going to be many applicants, but I hope that at least I'd get to the interview. At the moment, I have so much will and motivation to work that anyone hiring me would gain a hard working and a happy employee.

Finally some pictures again, these are from my summer in Spain, where I was busy being on vacation, and actually used my camera much less than usual. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think of this post? Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, I appreciate every comment (: